Perfect gifts for Easter and birthdays
The Devon County Show has launched a brand new range of spring gift cards in time for Easter.
Tickets to the 122nd Show on May 18-20 at Westpoint, Exeter can be purchased in a choice of witty designs.
“Show tickets make a great present for Easter and special occasions like birthdays,” said Show Secretary Ollie Allen.
“And they are a lot less fattening than Easter eggs!” she added.
The Show is one of the South West’s most impressive rural shop windows, showcasing the finest local food and drink, hand-reared livestock and rural living at its most vibrant all in a fun-packed day.
This year the huge food and drink pavilion will be even bigger to house more artisan, local producers, a seating area and a cookery demonstration theatre featuring top chefs including Michael Caines and Elly Wentworth, a finalist in the BBC’s Masterchef: The Professionals.
Livestock, or Devon farming’s pride and joy, will be out in force with more than 4,500 cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, alpacas and horses entered in the Show’s competitive classes.
Varied entertainment takes place all day in rings around the 92-acre showground and ranges from monster trucks, elegant equine competitions and 100 years of tractors to expert displays of One Man and His Dog.
Gift cards and tickets are on sale now and two children go free with a paying adult on Saturday.
Notes to editors:
- Media interested in attending the event should apply for press accreditation badges via the Devon County Show website devoncountyshow.co.uk
- Approved images and further event information can be found on the website.
- A limited number of tickets will be available for competitions. Please contact Anne Ashford on 01823 490965/07971 275840 [email protected]
- Devon County Show - May 18-20 at Westpoint, Exeter
- This is the 122nd Show - the first was held in 1872
- The Devon County is one of the South West's most iconic and enduring annual events attracting up to 95,000 people.
- The Show is an impressive rural show window showcasing award-winning livestock, the finest food and drink and rural living at its most vibrant
- The County Show is the flagship event of the Devon County Agricultural Association (DCAA), which has played a leading role in the development of agriculture, education and the rural economy in Devon since its formation in 1872.
- HRH The Countess of Wessex is the President of the DCAA for a one-year term which started in January 2017.