Good To Go
Over the past few weeks, the organisers of Devon County Show have been working hard, following recommendations from Government, the local council and the events industry, to ensure that Devon County Show 2021 will be recognisable as an event we all know and love, whilst ensuring that it is also Covid Secure. Here are twelve steps we are taking to keep you and your family safe.
1. Space to Socially Distance - The Devon County Show’s 83-acre showground (excluding car parks) can accommodate 30,000 visitors per day whilst still maintaining the 7m2 required for each person
2. Track & Trace - All hospitality at the Show will require Track & Trace registration
3. Socially distanced queuing - Queuing both inside and outside the Showground will be socially distanced and queuing locations managed to avoid crowding
4. Reduction in indoor spaces - For 2021 our large Food & Drink Pavilion and Crafts & Gardens Pavilion will become outdoor areas. Other marquees across the Showground will be removed to allow the vast majority of our Show to be accessed in the open air.
5. Masks indoors - For those areas that remain indoor areas, such as the cattle pavilion, masks will be required.
6. One Way Systems - Indoor areas will also operate one-way systems to enable visitors to stay socially distanced.
7. Widening of Avenues - Across the Showground avenues will be widened to provide more space for visitors to socially distance.
8. Crowd Density monitoring - Stewards, including dedicated ‘Covid Marshalls’ will constantly monitor crowd density and key areas on the Showground to encourage visitors to maintain social distances and make use of the whole site.
9. Socially distanced car parking - Cars will be parked 2m apart to ensure visitors can arrive and leave the Show whilst maintaining social distance.
10. Barcoded Admission Tickets to Monitor Numbers on Site - All Show tickets will be barcoded and scanned on entry and exit to ensure the numbers of people on site are constantly monitored to ensure they stay within safe levels.
11. Improved Visitor Dispersal - By spreading our attractions and features more widely across the site we can encourage visitors to spread out across our 83 acres of Showground and ensure a more even spread.
12. Reduction in Crowd based Attractions - This year we will move away from centralised attractions which attract crowds and instead focus on a variety of smaller attractions located across the Showground.
Tickets to the Devon County Show will go on sale in April at www.devoncountyshow.co.uk. If you would like to book a trade stand at Devon County Show 2021, please visit www.devoncountyshow.co.uk/tradestands.